Since the initial discovery of COVID-19, we have been monitoring the status and treatment guidelines from the CDC, Massachusetts Department of Health, Massachusetts Dental Association and the American Dental Association as the health of our patients and team members are of utmost importance.
Understanding these guidelines Newton Dental Associates will remain open for emergency and urgent dental care. This will relieve some of the burden on hospitals and emergency rooms.
Examples of urgent dental care treatment include:
• Severe dental pain.
• Pericoronitis or third-molar pain.
• Surgical postoperative inflammation or dry socket dressing changes.
• Abscess or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain and swelling.
• Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma.
• Dental trauma that dislodges the tooth from its normal postion.
• Dental treatment cementation if the temporary restoration is lost, broken or causing gingival irritation.
Other emergency dental care includes extensive decay or defective restorations causing pain; suture removal; denture adjustments or repairs when function impeded; replacing temporary filling on endo access openings in patients experiencing pain; and snipping or adjustments of an orthodontic wire or appliances piercing or ulcerating the oral mucosa.
As a multi-specialty group practice we have all the specialists such as an endodontist, periodontist and oral surgeon here in our office to handle most dental emergencies. If you are experiencing an urgent or emergency dental need please call our office at 617-965-0060 to schedule an appointment or click here to request an appointment.