Your teen years are all about fitting in with friends and when you need braces, this can be difficult. Invisalign Teen is an alternative to traditional braces that can help your teenager do this! If your teenager is in need of cosmetic dentistry and teeth straightening, Invisalign Teen is becoming the popular solution and here’s why:
- The aligners, that are used with Invisalign Teen, are created with a clear, plastic material. This makes it virtually impossible for others to see the correcting aligners. The clear trays help to avoid the embarrassment of wearing metal braces.
- To achieve a better and faster result, Invisalign Teen aligners have built in indicators. These will show if the aligners are being worn correctly and as frequently as they should be.
- From mild to severe, Invisalign Teen is used to effectively fix a variety of alignment issues.
- When compared to traditional braces, teenagers, who wore Invisalign, didn’t have to schedule as many dental visits. With Invisalign Teen, emergency dental visits aren’t needed as much. This is a huge benefit to both parents and teens.
- With traditional braces, you constantly must be aware of what you are eating. A big trigger for damaging braces are foods like candy and nuts. With Invisalign Teen, your aligners can be removed whenever so you have free range to eat whatever you would like!
- Because traditional braces consist of brackets and wires, teens run the risk of irritating or cutting the inside of their mouths. Since the aligners are made of plastic, there’s no chance of harm being done!
Dr. Berik uses an advanced acceleration technique that reduces the time in Invisalign from an average of 1 year to as little as 3-4 months, compared to traditional bracket and wire braces, which takes up to 2 years. If your teen is in need of cosmetic dentistry services and you would like to learn more about Invisalign Teen, contact the experts at Newton Dental Associates! We are happy to take the time to go through your options or answer any questions you may have. To request an appointment today, give us a call at 617-965-0060 or fill out our online contact form.